HOW TO REACH US
- Ferry – Most of our visitors arrive by car via Western Ferries. There is also the passenger only option of Argyll Ferries
- Road – If you have the time you can enjoy the drive via Loch Lomond and the scenic Rest and be Thankful
- Public Transport – Easy to reach via the McGill’s Bus Service from Glasgow
- Taxi – There are a choice of taxi firms in Dunoon
Western Ferries – Gourock to Hunters Quay – 20 minute crossing – Frequent sailings.
A really pleasant way to arrive. Leave central Scotland behind and take the scenic crossing to Argyll. No need to pre-book. Turn up and board. You can buy your ticket on board but for best value you should call into one of the Western Ferries Ticket Agents available on either side of the crossing. Check here for Ticket Agents locations and opening times.
Argyll Ferries operate a passenger service from Gourock Town Centre to Dunoon Town Centre. If you take this route you can then take a taxi to the Undercliffe.
Take the McGill’s (Cowal Connector Service) Glasgow to Hunters Quay bus service – Timetables are on route 907
Scotrail operate a Glasgow Dunoon service via Gourock.
It is really easy to explore Cowal by bus. Now that you have arrived, and if you don’t plan on driving, you will find that there is a good network of buses taking you north to Inveraray and Lochgoilhead, South to Rothesay and west to Portavadie and the ferry to Tarbert. Details on West Coast Motors
- Tuckers Taxis – Tel: 01369 701710
- Thistle Taxis – Tel: 01369 704816
- Clyde Taxis - Tel: 01369 706444